Friday, February 29, 2008

Austin Cake Show


The best part about the bulldog is that he was nearly 2/3 life size and anatomically correct.
Mosiac fondant work done of the whole cake!
I could not put the individual pictures for this cake, but the detail work on the three scenes were AMAZING!!
This dragon was LIFELIKE. It had a little girl on its head and the detail work on the shield of armor on the front and the treasure box was great.

So, I promised pictures of my work. I fibbed.

I am going to show off some amazing work from a cake show I went to in Austin last weekend. These guys can do some amazing work and it really made me realize that I can do this, too. I will definately work on a cake for display for next year. Maybe I can plan it better and get to stay with Jenn again. (I had such a fun time with her!)

I even was able to go to a couple of the "competitions". One was a mystery cake where the contestants only found out the theme when they started - WOW! The other was a whimsical cake contest. All I can say is WOW! They all did well even under the pressure of 200 people staring at them.

I will follow with more pictures. Some of my cakes, I promise.

No comments: