Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Giant Cupcake Cake




This is for a 2 year old named Brock. His mom has got to be one of the best party planners.....I have to admit that I would have loved to be a guest at their party! The theme was Mickey Mouse Playhouse - and, boy, was Mickey everywhere!


Mom decided to do cupcakes in lieu of a cake to make it easier to pass them out and have a giant cupcake as the focal point.


The cake is butter vanilla white cake with buttercream icing. The orange section of the cake is a chocolate shell made from the cake mold. It was a new technique that I recently learned and I LOVE IT!! The name, number 2 and the colored "sprinkles" are all fondant accents.


Thanks to Jennifer (and Brock, of course!) for having me decorate a fun cake!
*** Addendum: Thank you to Jennifer for letting me borrow her picture of the cupcake set-up!***


No comments: